Thursday, April 18, 2013

Compromise

Currently I've really been struggling with healthy habits. I don't want to be gluttonous and be so dependent on food because believe me I like to eat. I mean who doesn't?  I have a major sweet tooth but I also have a problem with accepting my body the away it is. It is a constant battle of obsessing over eating healthy and indulging in my chocolate cravings. I don't want to feel guilty for eating what I want but I don't want to look at myself and realize that I don't like what I see. It is such a hard balance and for girls everywhere it is a battle.   You have to compromise. 
One of my mentors said to me that eating is a form of worship. You are enjoying what God has blessed us with and eating is also a way of survival. 
But on the other hand, I believe that our bodies are a temple and we are to treat it with care and discipline. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Recently one of my guy friends also called me out for "conforming to society" with what we think we, as girls, are supposed to look like. And I was a little standoffish because, uh no you didn't just call me out, and then I thought we'll at least there are guys out there that don't let this world obscure the beauty of a girl just the way our Creator made us. 

Wow that was a lot of rambling but I hope any of the girls reading this know that you are not the only one struggling with this. 

God's Blessings,

      Karsyn Penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment