Sunday, September 1, 2013

Post Summer

Well I'm back in Aggieland! Camp ended and it was pretty sad to leave and the rest of summer was not so eventful except seeing friends and family.  And that ended and I packed up and moved back to College Station

At camp they told us that the whole experience would take some time to sink.  And they were definitely right.  It wasn't until I was back at school and talking to someone for the millionth time about my summer at Pine Cove that I realized what I had learned. 
My personality is one where I like to be on the frontlines.  I am not naturally a backstage person.  But this summer being on the program staff at Pine Cove and working a lot in the kitchen, cleaning dishes, cleaning the pool, working the store, I realized that God was teaching me how to work and serve behind the scenes, where you don't get a ton of recognition.  Humility is required for that kind of job and that is exactly why God had placed me there.  I learned how to encourage and serve whole-heartedly, not always being seen.  What a blessing it was to understand what my purpose was this summer.
Now that I am starting back up a routine and school and leading a Freshman Bible study through my church here, this passage has a new meaning.
1 Corinthians2:1-5 When I cam to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.
Paul is telling the Corinthians that we don't have to know it all, look fancy, be in the center of the crowd, or talk like a genius to share the Gospel.  It does take humility in who we are and faith in who our God is.

God's Blessings,

      Karsyn Penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment