Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Future



Recently I've really been giving a lot of thought to my future.  I guess that's kind of expected since I am in college and I'm working for a degree.  But lately I have just been really curious as to what my future holds.  Since August I have seen God's blessings flow out to me in so many ways.  He has revealed part of His plans for me, He has given me some awesome new friends, and He has grown my appreciation for my friends and family back home.  It makes me so excited to see what else is to come.  Today in church the pastor said something like we can't go through life always thinking "life" will start at that next stage.  This is so difficult being in college.  It is so easy to feel like our lives haven't started yet because we are still in school and haven't started our careers yet.  We have to realize that llife has ALREADY started and we better get with it or it will definitely pass us by. 
I think that there is a balance between living for the here and now and also preparing for the future.  So I have made some goals for my self in both these areas:

Now-     1. Have an intentional conversation with someone about God everyday.
              2. Tithe (start good habits now)
              3. "Time enjoyed wasting is not wasted time" -- I love that
Future-  1. Start saving my money (I'm still working on how exactly to do this)
              2.  I started a prayer journal for my future husband-- prayers for him and his life


I am still so amazed at all the things God continually shows me and provides for me.  He is so amazing. 
Better get back to studying for my finals..

God's Blessings,

       Karsyn Penelope


No comments:

Post a Comment